PRIVACY & CCTV POLICY
Goldex Fitness (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect and process personal data about you to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
When visiting our website we will provide you with “just in time” notices at the moment of data collection.
If you have any queries please contact us at Goldex Fitness Limited, 54A Green Street, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1XA.
The Data Controller
We are the “Data Controller” in respect of this Privacy Notice.
When Do We Collect Information
We collect your personal information when you:
- Complete a membership agreement or other transaction with us
- Register interest for promotions and new gym locations
- Book or attend an induction, exercise class or lesson or the like
- Ask us for more information about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- Visit or browse our website
- Send an email to an @goldexfitness.com email account
- You have an accident in our gyms or there was an incident where you were a witness or personally affected
- CCTV – when you are using our gyms
- Use the Goldex Fitness app
We may also collect, match or acquire information about you from other organisations such as Linkedin and Facebook.
What Information Do We Collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page.
The information we collect is required for the purpose of joining our gym. Such information allows you to be identified as a member of Goldex Fitness and includes:
- Name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and health declaration
- Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information
- Your usage records and duration of visits
- Your preferences for particular products or services or interests when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
- Your contact with us, such as an email or other records of any contact you have with us
- Your membership information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the services you use and any other information related to your account
How Do We Use The Information
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information that you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve your website experience, and marketing. We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes.
We may use your information to:
- Carry out an identity check as part of your membership application
- Process enquires or leads through GymSales, our chosen club management solution
- Process your membership application through Virtuagym, our chosen membership software
- Bill you for using our services as part of your membership
- Keep you informed about our services and operational matters
- Provide relevant services to you
- Confirm your attendance to exercise classes or lessons
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on our analysis of how you use our services and what we think will be of interest to you (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services
- Understand how you use our services, to help us develop relevant and updated services
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to monitor how customers use our services
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
We will store your information for as long as you are a member or following cancellation and to meet legal requirements including financial audit, anti-fraud and money laundering regulations. We will store your information for no more than 6 years from the last activity on the account. An ‘activity’ can be classified as access into a gym, a payment made on the membership account or a comment added to the membership following contact with Goldex Fitness.
We will only send you information relating to your membership. We will not share your data with any 3rd parties for marketing purposes. If you cancel your membership with us we will only send you information that we think will be of interest to you. If you want to opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, please visit your profile section within Virtuagym or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order for some technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use several persistent cookies for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the your preferences (e.g., regarding default language and settings), connection stability (e.g., for uploading media, using e-Commerce features, etc.), monitoring performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our services.
If you want to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at www.aboutcookie.org (note that this website is not provided by us, and we, therefore, cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability). Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Organisations that provide us with services related to your membership have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we have authorised them to. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
Will We Disclose The Information We Collect To 3rd Parties
We may share information about you with:
- Service providers, agents and associated organisations to allow us to service your membership and communicate with you; for example, financial institutions to process payments, and freelance personal trainers when you sign up to classes
- Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities where we have a legal obligation to do so
We will release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If Goldex Fitness Limited is reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation. We will inform you if we do.
Third Party Tracking
We use tools such as Google Analytics for collecting personal data about our website visitor’s online activities over time and across different web sites for marketing purposes. This is so we can ensure our website gives you the best possible experience.
- Access. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us through email to email@example.com, the contact us section of the website or writing to us.
- Rectification. If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, or your personal details change, please update your profile on Virtuagym or by contacting us directly.
- You have the right to the erasure of the data we hold on you, when it is no longer needed for the purposes of your membership, or when you withdraw your consent for our processing (and we have no other lawful basis to hold your data).
- You have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
- You have the right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restrictions in relation to your personal data.
- You have a right to receive the data we hold on you electronically in a format that allows it to be easily transferred to another data controller.
- Object. You have the right to object to data processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes.
- Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to any decision based on automatic processing of your personal
If you have any queries please contact us at Goldex Fitness Limited, 54A Green Street, Gillingham, Kent ME7 1XA.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Last Updated: March 2022
Our CCTV Policy
- Goldex Fitness (“we”, “us”) operate a closed circuit television (CCTV) system 24/7. The images obtained from the CCTV that include recognisable individuals is personal data and covered by the applicable Data Protection legislation.
- The CCTV monitors main areas of the gym which can be pointed out to you by the gym manager.
- We operate a CCTV system in order to ensure our staff and gym users feel as though they are in a safe and secure environment, protect the integrity of the site by deterring criminals and to provide evidence to assist with the detection and prosecution of criminal offences.
- CCTV is recorded 24 hours a day. CCTV is permanently erased after 31 days.
- We will take into account the effect of people’s privacy and review our policy to ensure the use of CCTV remains
- We are transparent about our use of CCTV and you can find a CCTV notice clearly displayed in the gym. Any questions or complaints can be raised with the gym manager.
- Goldex Fitness is the Data Controller for the Personal Data captured by our CCTV systems.
- The CCTV systems are managed by gym manager and appointed personnel. The recordings are confidential and available only to those directly connected with operating the system. Copies of recorded information are strictly controlled and only made in relation to incidents under specific restrictions and require the approval described in paragraph
- No more images and information shall be stored than that which is strictly required for the stated purpose of a CCTC system and such images and information shall be deleted once their purposes have been
- Access to retained footage and information should be referred to firstname.lastname@example.org – the disclosure of footage and information shall only take place when it is necessary for an approved purpose or for law enforcement purposes.
- CCTC footage and information shall be subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard against unauthorised access and
- There will be review mechanisms to ensure legal requirements, policies and standards are complied with in practice and to ensure that the CCTC is working properly and produces the required
We reserve the right to modify this CCTV policy at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. It is your responsibility to check back on this page regularly for any updates.
Last updated March 2022